ADULT LEARNERS - PCO LICENSE
PCO LICENSE – APPLY FOR A NEW ONE OR RENEW
PCO stands for the Public Carriage Office. They run a special Department of Transport for London (TfL), which is awards a Licence to those who wish to work as mini cab drivers in London. The PCO Licence, also known as Private Hire Vehicle Drivers Licence is essential to work as a mini cab driver or a Chauffeur.
PCO Licence Requirements?
- You must be over 21 years of age.
- You will need to have held a full DVLA, Northern Ireland or European Economic Area(EEA) state driving license for at least 3 years.
- You must meet the DVLA Group 2 medical standards similar to those required for drivers of large goods vehicles, buses and coaches. This is done by having a 30 minute medical with a GP
- You will need to undergo a DBS (Criminal Record) check to ensure that you are an honest and trustworthy person
- You must provide evidence of your Topographical Skills to show your map reading and route finding skills (we provide specific training and support for this)
- English Language Certificate (B1) – Evidence that you can speak, listen, read & write. There are exemptions to this rule.
B1 ENGLISH EXAM FOR TAXI DRIVERS
PCO Licence, also known as Private Hire Vehicle Drivers Licence is essential to work as a Taxi Driver. The private hire regulations have recently changed and include a new English language requirement. The test is for all new applicants and existing private hire drivers applying to renew their licence.
English language test for taxi drivers
Transport for London (TFL) have recently announced that London taxi drivers and other private hire drivers are required to present English language certificate at B1 level. This includes applications for both renewal and new licences. Private hire drivers need to prove their English skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
B1 English Language Preparation Course for TFL
Course will help you to understand the format of the Exam and develop the confidence you need to pass your B1 TFL exam. Course will improve your knowledge of English language.
- Course will focus on all the four communicative skills– Speaking, Listening Reading and Writing.
- Includes Exam practice tests & Mock tests
- Techniques and tips to avoid the pitfalls and pass successfully
- One to one Feedback sessions with the teachers
General English & IELTS Prep courses
Seasonal Free classes
For more information or to book an appointment, Please call 0203-4111130